Spring is in the air, and nature is aflutter with blossoming hues and colourful joy. After a long winter of hibernation, it is time to refresh your home and body. Essential oils invite the mindful essence and glory of spring’s happiness into your world.
The best way to transform your home into a field of springtime wonder is through a diffuser - allowing you to breathe in the fresh spring air as the floral scents of essential oils energise your space and calm your soul.
- Organic Roman Chamomile is like a spring bouquet and its mild sedative effects have a calming presence, wrapping you in comfort and gentleness.
- Geranium Rose oil is ideal to promote peace and serenity, transporting you to an English country garden.
- The sweet-smelling and mood-lifting properties of Tangerine oil and Grapefruit oil will promote feelings of vitality, clear your mind, and reduce any nervous tension - exactly what breathing in spring is all about.
- The cheerfulness of Lime oil will remove the last vestiges of the winter blues.
- If winter has left you feeling tense and frustrated, then Bergamot oil is great for relaxation and mindfulness as it can lift your spirit and help stabilize your mood.
- Thanks to the potent disinfectant and antimicrobial properties of Tea Tree oil, the air you breathe in will be clean and hygienic, just like a spring breeze.
For many, however, spring heralds in a season of sniffles, sneezes and itchy eyes. As pollens and grasses trigger symptoms in the nose, throat, lungs, ears and sinuses, essential oils can be used as an alternative or complementary treatment for unwelcome hayfever and spring allergies.
Here are our favourite essential oils to help relieve springtime allergy symptoms:
- Lavender oil is an essential oil staple. It is known to help soothe seasonal allergy symptoms due to its natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory benefits. Use it in a diffuser, dilute in a carrier oil, or put 1-2 drops in a bowl of steaming water and inhale.
- Another favorite to help with decongestion and reducing allergy symptoms is Eucalyptus Globulus oil.
- Who doesn’t love the refreshing and cleansing fragrance of Peppermint oil? Its decongestant properties make it a wonderful alternative oil for allergy relief - opening airways, relieving scratchy throats and unclogging sinuses.
Before starting on any natural treatment - despite the irritation of seasonal allergies - it is always advisable to consult your doctor or medical practitioner. If you struggle with chronic allergies or are sensitive to chemicals, essential oils could trigger even more allergic reactions, so always proceed with caution.
No matter the season, when considering essential oils as an alternative treatment, only use as directed, and make sure you’re using quality organic oils. Concentrated essentials oils should always be diluted with a carrier oil and never applied directly to your skin - and they should never be ingested.
Sanctus Essense is NAHA (The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy) certified and our essential oils are USDA organic approved. The cornerstones of our philosophy and ethos are pure honesty, simple transparency and a strict moral ethical code. By consulting with a certified Aromatherapist, you can rest assured that all information accompanying our products is honest and accurate.SHOP NOW to get in some seasonal retail therapy - the natural way.